Like most home maintenance projects, staying proactive is critical when it comes to preserving the function of your plumbing and appliances. Plumbing systems are sensitive, when you wait for a problem to become blatantly obvious, chances are it is already more expensive and serious than it would have been if you would have stayed on top of routine maintenance.
AAA Select Plumbing recommends having your water heater tune-up at least once a year, newer homes can get away with more time, however, you will want to reach out to a professional plumber at the first sign of an issue with your water heater. The longer you allow issues to go unchecked, the more damage your home and appliances will take. Do not wait until your water heater has become heavily corroded or fully broken down to schedule a water heater maintenance with our team.
Our plumbing experts will work with you to ensure you are getting the most out of your plumbing system and plumbing appliances in Northeast Houston.
Why Is My Water Heater Malfunctioning?
There are a variety of reasons you may begin to notice a decline in the performance of your water heater. We will explore the main causes for a problem with your water heater below:
- Interruption of Power Supply: There are many different types of water heaters, each powered by its own source of energy. Regardless if you have an electric or gas water heater, a disruption on power to your appliance can cause issues to begin with your water heater. This may be due to a blown fuse, tripped circuit, or simply running out of glass.
- Thermostat: While problems stemming from the thermostat are less common than with the actual heating mechanisms, they do still occur. If you have an issue with your water heater’s thermostat it may lead to your water being incapable of reaching the correct temperature. Call the trusted team at AAA Select Plumbing Services to have our Humble plumbing experts inspect your water heater and correct your problem.
- Loose Parts: If you notice water leaking from a fitting on your water heater or a sudden strange noise, it may be due to loose nuts or bolts. Our team works with you to get you the most effective plumbing solution for your problem as quickly as possible! Contact us today to set up an appointment for your water heater and restore function to your space.
- Mineral Build-Up: Whenever minerals build up inside of your water heater, this can lead to hard and smelly water. This will affect the quality of your water and can shorten the lifespan of your appliance.
How Can I Help My Water Heater: Dial Down The Temperature
Water heaters are typically installed at a preset temperature of 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends a setting of 120 F for most households, estimating that this can reduce energy costs for water heating by more than 5 percent. Lower temperatures also reduce the risk of scalding and slow the accumulation of mineral deposits in your water heater tank.
- To lower the water temperature on a gas water heater, turn the temperature dial on the heater\’s gas valve to 120 F.
- To lower the water temperature on an electric water heater, you might need to remove a small metal panel covering the thermostat:
- Turn off the power to the water heater by switching off the appropriate breaker in your home\’s breaker box.
- Remove the thermostat access panel and adjust the temperature to the desired setting. This might require a flathead screwdriver.
- Replace the thermostat cover and turn the power back on at the breaker box.
Many electric water heaters have both an upper and a lower thermostat. If yours has two, adjust the lower thermostat to the same temperature setting as the upper.
Water Heater Repair in Humble, TX
Have you noticed that you are quick to run out of hot water? Have you been unable to get your water to get to the correct temperature at all? Noticing strange odors or colors in your waterline?
These can all be signs of an issue with your hot water heater. The team at AAA Select Plumbing is here to help you get high-quality performance and a long lifespan out of your water heater. When properly cared for a water heater can last for up to 29 years.
Affordable Plumbing Maintenance in Humble, Texas
AAA Select Plumbing is here to help home and business owners get the most out of their plumbing. From simple plumbing repairs to full-blown plumbing remodels, our team of dedicated plumbing professionals is here to help you find the best plumbing solutions for your unique space.
We proudly serve the Greater Houston area, including but not limited to Aldine, Atascocita, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Fall Creek, Generation Park, Greenspoint, Humble, Kingwood, and Lakeshore. When you are looking for the most reliable and affordable commercial and residential plumbing services in Houston, contact AAA Select Plumbing today!
AAA Select Plumbing Services
Google Business Listing