Different Types of Water Heaters
What Are the Benefits of an Annual Tune-Up?
As an appliance that you rely on every day, it’s critical to ensure your water heater is functioning properly. These appliances are running constantly to provide hot water for your showers, sinks, and dishwashers. A water heater that suddenly stops working can be an expensive complication. While they’re generally dependable pieces of equipment, an annual tune-up helps to catch early warning signs.
Performing an annual water heater tune-up can extend the life of your appliance, and preventative repairs will save you money and the inconvenience of a malfunctioning water heater later on. Additionally, maintenance can help improve a water heater’s efficiency, so you’ll be saving as much money on energy costs.
What Problems Can a Tune-Up Prevent?
- Insufficient supply of hot water, or lack of any hot water
- Leaking water
- Discolored water
- Unusual noises
- Total breakdown
What Happens During a Water Heater Tune-Up?
Whenever our water heater technician comes to your property to perform a tune-up they will be thorough in their inspection and clean the heater. Your water heater will be drained, removing all the collected mineral build-up and sediment in the tank. Doing this will help tp prevent corrosion and keep your appliance operating efficiently.
Once this is done, our technician will test the pressure-relief valve. During this test, the water heater should release a burst of hot water into the overflow drainpipe. If it doesn’t do that, the technician may need to install a new valve to ensure your heater is functioning properly.
We will also check the temperature settings on your water heater. Ideally, your temperature should stay close to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. This is because overheating can cause aging and damage to the tank.
Additionally, by lowering the temperature of your water heater, you can save money on your energy costs. If you find the water is not heating to a comfortable temperature, this may be due to an issue with the thermostat which can also be checked during your tune-up.
Reach out to our team today to learn more about the benefits of scheduling routine maintenance for your water heater.
When To Replace Your Water Heater
Water heaters are rarely fine one day and then deceased the next. There are usually warning signs that a water heater is on its last legs. The following are some of the most common signals that it’s nearing the end of its life.
- No hot water. Few things grab the attention of a homeowner more than a cold shower. Water that’s lukewarm is a surefire sign that the hot water heater is at the end of its life.
- Cloudy water or rusty water. The anode rod inside of your water heater is responsible for preventing the inside from rusting. Once that anode wears out, the inside of the water heater will rust, indicating that the end is indeed near.
- Rumbling or popping. No, those noises emanating from the basement aren’t from a monster lurking in the darkness. It’s a sign of something much worse–a dying water heater. As a hot water heater ages, minerals from hard water begin to build up inside of the tank, creating air pockets in the hot water that create popping noises as the air is released.
- Leaking. A mysterious pool of water near the hot water heater is a clear sign that cracks and fissures have formed in the tank, causing it to spring a leak. Since a leaking hot water heater can flood a basement, schedule to replace it immediately.
Affordable Plumber Near Humble, TX
No matter how simple or complex your next plumbing project may be, the team at AAA Select Plumbing Services is here for you. We provide the most affordable plumbing repairs in Humble, TX. From plumbing appliance repair to full plumbing replacement, we are here to get you the results you need without breaking your budget. Contact AAA Select Plumbing today to learn more about the services we offer and how we can help restore functionality to your space.
Same Day Plumbing Repair in Humble, TX
AAA Select Plumbing is here to help home and business owners get the most out of their plumbing. From simple plumbing repairs to full-blown plumbing remodels, our team of dedicated plumbing professionals is here to help you find the best plumbing solutions for your unique space. We proudly serve the Greater Houston area, including but not limited to Aldine, Atascocita, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Fall Creek, Generation Park, Greenspoint, Humble, Kingwood, and Lakeshore. When you are looking for the most reliable and affordable commercial and residential plumbing services in Houston, contact AAA Select Plumbing today!