When you are experiencing a plumbing problem, day or night, you can reach out to the best plumbers in Kingwood, at AAA Select Plumbing. Our team provides the best plumbing repair services for those dealing with water pressure issues, gas line leaks, a shortage of hot water, sewer line back up, water line repairs, drain cleaning needs, water heater repair, and more. We are dedicated to serving you when you need us most, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10 Ways Your Home Is Telling You to Call a Plumber
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure can take the joy out of what should be a refreshing shower, but it turns out that it can be more than an annoyance. Low pressure may be an indication that there\’s something clogging up your pipes. If the water pressure in your house takes a sudden dip, call in a plumber to find out what\’s up with the plumbing.
- Slow Drainage: At some point, every sink or shower is subject to slow drainage caused by built-up debris like hair or soap scum, but when pipes all throughout the house become slow to drain, you could have a clog in the main sewer line. This is considered a plumbing emergency, so if you suspect a clogged sewer line, call a plumber immediately to come take a look.
- Brown Spots on the Ceiling: Brown spots on the ceiling are more than just unsightly; they may be a sign that water\’s leaking directly above. Before you repair the ceiling, be sure to find the source of the leak and fix it first.
- Rattling Pipes: Aside from the sound of rushing water, your pipes should be fairly quiet. But if you hear a rattling sound in your pipes, particularly right after you shut off a valve, it could be what’s called “water hammer.” This occurs when the flow of water abruptly stops or changes direction, creating a shock wave that can lead to banging noises and make loose pipes rattle. Possible causes include high water pressure or, in older houses, flooded air chambers in your plumbing system. Rattling noises can also be caused by poorly secured pipes.
- Foul Smells from the Drain: Let’s face it, there are a lot of bacteria hanging out in kitchens and bathrooms, and they can lead to some interesting smells. But a persistent foul smell emanating the drains could be a sign of a block or a break in the sewer line.
- Higher Water Bills: Unless you can account for additional water usage, a climbing water bill is usually a clear-cut sign that there is some major leaking going on in your plumbing system. If you notice a sudden, unexplained increase in your water bill, call a plumber to investigate for leaks.
- Peeling Paint or Wallpaper in the Bathroom: Have you recently noticed peeling, cracked, or blistering paint or wallpaper in a bathroom? This could be evidence of a leak. Before you start patching it up, have a plumber come look for a leak and, if found, eliminate it.
- A Gurgling Toilet: Unless you\’ve just flushed it your toilet should be pretty quiet, so if you start to hear a gurgling noise, the fixture may be trying to tell you that there’s an underlying issue. Potential causes of a gurgling toilet include a blocked vent stack or even a blocked sewer line.
- Mold Growth on Cabinets or Walls: Mold growing in your home is never a good sign, but if you see mold sprouting on the cabinets or walls of a bathroom, you should start looking for a leaky pipe. Mold grows only in wet environments, and if there\’s excess moisture in the room, you need to find the source as quickly as possible.
- Consistently Clogged Toilets: Everyone has to deal with a clogged toilet every once in a while, but if it seems like you’re constantly breaking out the plunger, there could be a deeper problem—especially if other fixtures are starting to back up. This could potentially be a sign that you have a clogged sewer or backed-up septic system.
Affordable Plumbing Repair in Kingwood, Texas
AAA Select Plumbing is here to help home and business owners get the most out of their plumbing. From simple plumbing repairs to full-blown plumbing remodels, our team of dedicated plumbing professionals is here to help you find the best plumbing solutions for your unique space. We proudly serve the Greater Houston area, including but not limited to Aldine, Atascocita, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Fall Creek, Generation Park, Greenspoint, Humble, Kingwood, and Lakeshore. When you are looking for the most reliable and affordable commercial and residential plumbing services in Houston, contact AAA Select Plumbing today!